iPad Education Success: September 2017
It’s that time of year again, when our First Year students receive their iPads equipped with the books and apps required for the year ahead.
It is no doubt that iPad education has been a tremendous success since we launched the initiative this time last year. Our students have become masters in the use of ICT and have a new respect for education.
Desmond College has shown leadership in learning through the use of technology, we have taken the steps required to become fully equipped to deliver education to our students to the highest of standards.
We have taken a professional approach to the deployment of iPads in Desmond College – we have the assistance of two companies, called Wriggle and Compu b.
The Wriggle and Compu b team have the expertise and the experience necessary to successfully integrate technology into the education environment. They are currently working with a number of the leading schools across the Country and provide outstanding 1:1 support to our students, teachers and parents.
Excitement as some First Years open their iPads that arrive in school for them.
Desmond College Launch iPad Initiative: September 2015
Desmond College Students Embrace Technology and Learning
through the launch of the new iPad Initiative.
The 31st of August saw over 70 First Year students arrive at Desmond College equipped with iPads ready to embrace learning through the recommended use of technology. Desmond College decided to launch this iPad Initiative in light of recent studies highlighting the advantages of using iPads in the classroom which include:
- Facilitates more interactive learning for students
- Students are more engaged in learning
- Encourages independent and self-directed learning
- Replaces the textbooks – no more heavy school bags
- Students are eager to embrace technology
- Provides instant access to endless supply of research
- Excellent educational apps available for all subjects
- It introduces ICT provisions for the new Junior Cycle
Along with these obvious advantages, other studies carried out by schools using iPads proved that:
- Students using iPads saw their math test scores increase 20% in one year compared to students using traditional textbooks.
- Students scored 23 percent higher on national exams than previous unequipped classes.
Based on all of this evidence and more, we are delighted that Desmond College has decided to show leadership in learning through the use of technology. To ensure a professional deployment of iPads in Desmond College we have the assistance of a company called Wriggle.
The Wriggle team has the expertise and the experience necessary to successfully integrate technology into the education environment. They are currently working with a number of the leading schools across the country and provide outstanding 1:1 support to our students, teachers and parents.